11 February 2016 to 12 February 2016
Debre Zeit, Ethiopia
The Capacity Development Division (CDD) of ECA which is hosting the RCM-Africa Secretariat, in collaboration with the AUC, is organizing an RCM Coordinators’ Retreat as a preparatory forum for the 17th Session of RCM-Africa. The Retreat is a working forum which aims to contribute meaningfully to the continuous improvement of United Nations System support to the AU organizations and programmes through building synergies, capitalizing on the comparative advantages of all partners, improving communication and information sharing for a more effective mechanism. In this regard, the Retreat will particularly review the state of implementation of recommendations and provide guidance as to the way forward.
The Retreat is will discuss and reach consensus on the following specific matters:
1. How to create an alignment between the First Ten Year Implementation Plan (FTYIP) of the AU Agenda 2063 and the Sustainable Development Goals (2030 Agenda)
2. Consider and assess the proposed alignment and the reconfiguration of the RCM-Africa structures and the importance of joint programming for improved focus and effectiveness. The Coordinators will look at practical frameworks for engaging all its partners and working together in a coherent, harmonized, efficient and effective way with increased commitment, as directed by the last session of RCM-Africa.
3. The monitoring and evaluation framework for efficiently tracking and assessing the implementation of programmes and projects carried out in the context RCM Africa and SRCMs will be reviewed and validated with a view to present it for adoption at the next session of RCM Africa.
4. For improved communication and information sharing in RCM-Africa, the Retreat will be requested to review and validate a proposed strategy.
5. Consultation on the theme of the 17th Session of RCM-Africa and identify pertinent emerging issues to be considered at the upcoming regional meeting.
The Retreat will be attended by the Deputy Chairperson AUC, Deputy Executive Secretary ECA, all Coordinators and senior officials from the UN system agencies/organizations and AU organs such as the AUC, the NEPAD Agency and the RECs, Joint RCM-Africa Secretariat members, CDD staff, SROs staff and other relevant experts from the UN and AU.
For further information please contact:
Mrs. Rawda Omar ClintonProgramme OfficerRegional Integration and Infrastructure ClusterUnited Nations Economic Commission for AfricaP.O. Box 3005Addis Ababa, EthiopiaTel: +215 11 544.3363Email: email@example.com://www.uneca.org/regional-coordination-mechanism